The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will provide patient/resident care as required under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant completes assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient and safe patient/resident care. Communication and interactions with patients, residents, families and other health team members is an essential component of this position.
- Performs initial and ongoing data collection on all patients/residents under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Implements plan of care developed by the Registered Nurse based on patient/resident physical, psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs.
- Provides direct patient/resident care and reports condition and changes to RN or LPN.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Documents results of patient/resident care within established policies, procedures and scope of practice.
- Complies with all ministry policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GED or a High School Diploma.
- Previous hospital or long term care experience preferred.
- Ability to work with EHR/EMR
- Certified Nurse Aide (or be an NATII) in the state in which employed.
- BLS certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely on oral and written form.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed, be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
Associated topics: advanced, assessments, cardiology, cna, english, family medicine, family nurse practioner, locum, nurse specialist, prn