At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will provide patient/resident care as required under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant completes assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient and safe patient/resident care. Communication and interactions with patients, residents, families and other health team members is an essential component of this position. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
- Performs initial and ongoing data collection on all patients/residents under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Implements plan of care developed by the Registered Nurse based on patient/resident physical, psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs.
- Provides direct patient/resident care and reports condition and changes to RN or LPN.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Documents results of patient/resident care within established policies, procedures and scope of practice.
- Complies with all ministry policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GED or a High School Diploma.
- Previous hospital or long term care experience preferred.
- Ability to work with EHR/EMR
- Certified Nurse Aide (or be an NATII) in the state in which employed.
- BLS certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely on oral and written form.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed, be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
Associated topics: anesthetist, anesthetist crna, cna, cnm, crna, english, nurse specialist, practitioner, prn, splst