In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
The Paramedic provides basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
* Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN). * Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate. * Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions. * Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public. * Completes daily vehicle checks including documenting repairs needed and cleaning the vehicles. * Re-stocks vehicle supplies and medications and monitors expiration dates.
* Required Credential(s): * Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of ACLS, the ACLS-Instructor will be accepted. * Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. * Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. * Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council OR credentialed from the National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration (NHTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. * Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have no moving traffic violations for at least one year and no major violations (i.e., hit and run, driving while intoxicated, etc.) for at least three years. * Licensed Paramedic credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. * Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. * One or more of the following: * Certified Paramedic specializing in Critical Care credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. Associates hired prior to 11/20/16 must obtain by 6/30/17. * Certified Paramedic specializing in Flight credentialed from the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. Associates hired prior to 11/20/16 must obtain by 6/30/17.
* Preferred Credential(s): * Registered Paramedic credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
* Certificate * Completion of the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) approved Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Course OR completion of the Society for Trauma Nurses ATCN or ATLS course required within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date
* HS or Equivalent * Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program required. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Care or related field preferred.
* Three (3) years or 4000 hours of clinical experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster: