How You'll Make a Difference:Come join our beautiful Aurora Medical Center Summit! We are a Level 2 Trauma Center and growing!
performs the nursing process to deliver safe, therapeutic, and quality patient care through assessment of patients, establishment and implementation of the nursing care plan, and evaluation of clinical outcomes within an inpatient environment. Our Inpatient Rehab unit has 8 beds.
What it Will Take:Licenses & Certifications
- Provides ongoing patient centered nursing care.
- Initiates and implements a nursing plan of care individualized to the needs of each patient.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition, status and need for care. Provides ongoing assessment of patient and takes appropriate nursing actions when changes occur. Evaluates and implements changes of the plan of care as needed and collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate patient centered care.
- Communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders.
- Monitors the patient's medication needs and response to treatment. Adjusts medication as appropriate within scope of practice and utilizing protocols established by the physician.
- Assists the physician/provider with procedures and/or surgeries.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process by utilizing the interdisciplinary approach.
Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.Degrees
Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN). Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 1 year of experience in clinical nursing.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrates mastery of most technical skills and begins to view clinical situations from a patient and family focus. Demonstrates awareness of and application of research-based findings to develop an individualized plan of care and to achieve quality patient/family outcomes. Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems. Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians. Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions. Good organization, prioritization and problem solving skills. Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritize with frequent interruptions. Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team building skills.Scheduled Hours:
IU Inpatient Rehab DepartmentLocation Address:
36500 Aurora Dr
WaukeshaAt Aurora Health Care:
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients-we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that's as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you'll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives-including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: care, coronary, hospice, intensive care, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric, staff nurse